Couples struggling with infertility issues often experience feelings of intense sadness and loneliness. It can be very difficult to see close friends and acquaintances quickly become pregnant while your own hopes of becoming a mother remain unfulfilled. Here are fertility treatments with top success rates that will help keep your hopes high on Mother’s Day.
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) – Cleaned sperm is placed directly into the uterus to assist with fertilization. Success would depend on the quality of sperm and the woman’s age, but in general there is a 60-70% chance of getting pregnant after 6 cycles.
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) – Your eggs are extracted and fertilization with sperm is performed in a laboratory. Once embryos develop, they are implanted into the uterus. The success rate is above 40% in women under the age of 35 and reduces as your grow older.
- Fertility Pills & Injections – Fertility medications cause the release of hormones that induce ovulation, boost egg production, and make the uterus favorable to embryo implantation. About 40-45 % women who take pills and ovulate are able to get pregnant and about 50% women who ovulate due to fertility injections get pregnant.
- Tubal reversal – A surgical procedure to restore the patency of fallopian tubes. The procedure is highly successful, with average pregnancy rates in the 60-70% range.
- Donor Sperm – Sperm from a donor is used during the IVF or IUI procedure. About 80% of the women become pregnant after 6 cycles.
There are several other options such as the use of donor eggs or embryos, surrogacy, and surgery to correct any anatomical abnormality such as endometriosis, scarring, or blockage that might be preventing you from becoming pregnant. Visit us at ReproMed Fertility Center where our experienced specialists will accurately diagnose the underlying cause of your condition and suggest a suitable fertility treatment.
For more information, contact one of our fertility centers in Texas today.