Author: Dr. Anil Pinto
|Dr. Anil Pinto|
Dealing with infertility can be a traumatic experience. Here is a list of some fertility myths that must be dispelled as you look for the ideal treatment option for your condition:
- Infertility is a woman’s problem. Statistics show that only 35% of the causes of infertility can be solely related to problems with the female reproductive system. Problems with the male reproductive system, unknown causes, and a combination of factors play a significant role in infertility.
- Age is just a number. The truth is that age plays a significant role in fertility. A woman’s fertility declines rapidly after the age of 35 years. Men experience a decline in their fertility after the age of 40 years.
- You should have sex every day if you want to get pregnant. Most fertility experts recommend sex every other day when women are in the middle of their menstrual cycle.
- Being obese or too thin does not affect fertility. Improper eating habits can have a negative impact on fertility. Studies show that women with a BMI over 30 or those who are malnourished have difficulty getting pregnant.
- All you need to do is relax: If you have been trying to get pregnant unsuccessfully for more than a year (or 6 months if you are over 35) the possibility that you may have a treatable medical condition should be fully explored.
A good fertility doctor will be able to assist you with separating the myths from reality. However, finding the right fertility doctor to guide you through the process of achieving a successful pregnancy can be a daunting task. Some important factors when choosing your doctor are:
- Specialized training: A reproductive endocrinologist is a doctor with specialized training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility and would be ideally suited to offer advanced and effective fertility treatment.
- Adequate Experience: Your doctor should have a lot of experience in successfully treating infertility conditions.
- Compassionate Disposition: Your doctor and auxiliary staff should be of a compassionate disposition and be able to patiently explain the fertility treatment indetail to make sure you fully understand and are comfortable with it.
- State-of-the-art Facility: The fertility center should be fully equipped with advanced cutting-edge technology to offer a wide range of fertility treatments.
The ReproMed Fertility Center in Dallas offers multiple fertility treatment options that include:
Intrauterine insemination: Placement of cleaned sperm directly into the uterus.
- In Vitro Fertilization: Creating an embryo from the woman’s egg and the man’s sperm in a laboratory which is then inserted in the uterus.
- Tubal reversal: Restoring patency of fallopian tubes after their ligation.
- Male infertility treatments
- Cancer fertility preservation
The highly-skilled doctors and staff of ReproMed Fertility Center are committed to helping you navigate through the complexities of infertility and map out a treatment plan that is best for you.
ReproMed Fertility is a leading fertility treatment center offering treatments for female and male infertility in Dallas, Irving, McKinney, Rockwell, and the surrounding areas of Texas.