Egg freezing is a type of assisted reproductive technology that allows women to preserve their eggs for later use. It is an exciting option for women who:
- Wish to pursue their careers during the prime years of life
- Have been recommended cancer treatment that could harm their fertility
- Would like to wait until they find the right partner before embarking on the wonderful journey of starting a family
Here are a few questions that you need to ask when considering egg preservation to ensure you fully understand your options:
What type of doctor should you be consulting for Egg Freezing?
To get the highest level of care, you should consult a certified OBY-GYN doctor with additional specialized training in reproductive endocrinology and many years of experience in the use of assisted reproductive technology.
Does the fertility center utilize the latest procedures and techniques in Egg Freezing?
The ReproMed Fertility Center provides treatment in an up-to-date facility that offers the most advanced egg freezing programs available today to maximize positive outcomes.
What does the Egg Freezing procedure involve?
The 3 basic steps of egg freezing are:
- Stimulation of the ovaries using synthetic hormones to produce multiple eggs
- Egg retrieval by a minor surgical procedure performed under sedation
- Storage of the eggs at sub-zero temperatures until you are ready to start a family
What are the risks associated with Egg Freezing?
Egg freezing, which is also known as oocyte cryopreservation, is a very safe procedure. However, as with any medical procedure, there minimal risks involved which include bleeding, infection, abdominal soreness, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Are Financing Options available?
The ReproMed Fertility Center offers personalized financing options that match your specific financial situation. Additionally, we work closely with several insurance companies to help you with the process of attaining medical coverage.
Visit any of the ReproMed Fertility Clinics located near you to find out if you might be a candidate for egg freezing.
ReproMed Fertility Center offers personalized fertility treatments in four convenient locations in the Dallas metroplex and one in Tyler. Please contact us at for all appointments and information.